Amity University is more than just a name; it has turned into a trusted brand that is home to more than 35,000 students. A lot of young aspirants apply for a seat in Amity but a handful of them get selected. Amity University was established in the year 2005 and its first campus was built in Noida which is in the NCR. Amity has been an active institute that has been making leaders. There have been a lot of notable alumni that have come out of the colleges and made their mark in the world.
Starting from the Noida campus that is spread over 1000 acres; Amity is now established in more than 10 campuses across India. If you are looking for getting admission in Amity University you can choose amongst the campuses that are located in Noida, Lucknow, Jaipur, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Greater Noida, Mumbai, Raipur, Ranchi, Kolkata, and Patna.
Some of the respected and notable alumni of Amity University are Himansh Kohli, Rajisha Vijayan, Zain Imam, Kunal Khemu, Disha Patani, Ankush Bharadwaj, Zaeden, Harshita Gaur and many more. But these big names are not the only thing that makes Amity University a good choice, here are some interesting facts about the university:
- Amity University was the first-ever college to implement reservation of seat based on the caste for students as well as the teachers.
- In the combined effort of the mechanical engineers as well as the aerospace engineers, Amity University designed and constructed the F1 racing car that was used in an official racing event. This is an achievement that not many colleges have achieved.
- In order to create awareness amongst the youngsters, the Indian Army held an exhibition at the university in 2015.
- With the help of their distance course, the students of Amity University can apply for studying in their Dubai campus. This can be done by the students who are interested in forensic science.
- The Law school of Amity that is located in Delhi has the affiliation from the well-reputed Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- In accordance with the Asian University rankings that were published by QS in the year 2014, Amity University was named as one of the best universities amongst IITs and Delhi University.
- Amity University trained more than 22,000 volunteers in 2010 for the commonwealth games. This is another benchmark that none other colleges have got.
- Amizoner is an app that was created and developed by students of Amity University that helps in planning and monitoring the attendance of all the students.
- Amity University also organized a soccer program on its campus after they tied up with the famous club of England; Manchester United.
- One of the notable alumni of Amity University, Aditi Arya, was Miss India in 2015.
These are not just some interesting facts, they are things that Amity University has done that has given it such respect and trust amongst the people across the globe. Through distance programs, not just the Indians go out to different countries but students from other countries also come to India for their studies. This helps the students in getting a better understanding of the cultures of the different nations.
This act of Amity University has contributed a lot to make them number 1 in India. Using the distance or abroad program of Amity students from India can go to other countries such as Dubai, Singapore, and London. This depends on the feasibility and the course that the student opts for.
Amity has a high-tech campus that lures a lot of students every year. All these students pursue their favourite courses in this college and get their desired jobs with a handsome salary.
Some key features of the campuses of Amity are:
- Every campus is spread over an area of 100 acres.
- The built-up area of the infrastructure is about 4.5 million sq. ft.
- The WiFi connectivity in the entire campus is about 600 Mbps.
So be very sure of what you want to pursue and if you are looking for a good college that gives you a good placement, then getting admission in Amity University will be the right thing to do. You can be one of the notable alumni just like those mentioned above.